• linked-in
  • twitter
  • facebook
  • flickr
  • RSS

Creative Research

My research explores multimodal creativity through print and digital stories. Please feel free to comment or contact me!

Popular Posts

Twitter Feed

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I'm an Amazon Breakthrough Novel Quarterfinalist!

Yes, I remember entering this contest...vaguely. Very vaguely. Oh well.

Received notification this morning that I am one of 500 quarterfinalists (out of a maximum 10,000 entries, that's not bad).

You can see my novel excerpt at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001UG3B4U. Please download it, review it, pass it on to your friends. (If you're not in the US, you can view the excerpt on my site here.)

It's a pretty big deal contest: Grand Prize is a publishing contract with Penguin and a $25k royalty advance.

If I make it to the final round, I'll be stumping for votes. I hate that system, because it means the best campaigner wins, not necessarily the best novel, but you have to work with what you've got, I suppose.

Let's keep our fingers crossed, shall we?

No comments: